Ten Great Design Event Resources
I’m always trying to find out about the world’s most exciting design events, and there really is no one resource to collect this information, so I’m putting together 10 of my favorite design event resources and giving it to you. Hopefully, you will find the list of links useful. If you know of good design event lists, then please drop me a note and I’ll add it to the list. BTW, the list is really meant to cover design events related primarily to furniture, product, and architecture design with a marginal focus on graphic design, fashion design and art. Sorry it’s not so comprehensive.
- Metropolis Magazine– Design events are briken down by regional, national, and international events. It’s an all around great resource to find out what’s going on in design.
- DesignTaxi.com Event Forum– Although I personally think that weaving through designtaxi’s website is confusing, their design event forum is really handy.
- Core77 Design Calendar– The Industrial and product design supersite of course has a great design calendar.
- Upcoming.org– This site does not focus on design in particular, but is a surprisingly useful way to ferret out smaller design events in your area. For instance, the SF chapter of Pecha Kucha is listed on Upcoming.org, but is probably hard to find out about otherwise.
- The Cooper Hewitt Calendar– although this calendar is specifically for the Cooper Hewitt Museum in New York, there is no denying that the museum is one of the most important institutions in the U.S. for all designers.
- Design Museum, London– Of course, the UK equivalent of the Cooper Hewitt is the Design Museum in London which should not be ignored for good events.
- Design.nl– For all of you Dutch design freaks, the calendar at Design.nl is about as good as it gets. I believe all the design events are located in the middle column.
- Design Thread– This is a bit of an off topic design calendar, however the calendar is quite good if you are a graphic or web designer.
- Fashion Trendsetter– I find Fashion Trendsetter to be a bit hard to look at, but there is no denying if you want to keep up with the latest fashions, then this is a simple place to find everything you need to know. There are a couple of links of great use. The link above is to the fashion trade events, but this link will tell you more about when and where the big runway shows are occurring.
- Design Addict Calender– What is better than design crack? A design addict, I suppose. I don’t know much about who puts design addict together, but it is quite obvious that they are passionate about design. Their calender fills in any gaps I’ve missed, as well.